- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper. The the meat directly on the hot grill and brown on all sides. This will take about 5 minutes per side. Take the meat off the grill and attach to rotisserie rod. Cook on the rotisserie for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until medium-rare. During the last 20 minutes of grilling, begin basting with the apricot glaze. Remove the lamb from the rotisserie. Baste again with the glaze and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice the lamb across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Serve folded in warm tortillas with shredded romaine, goat's cheese and salsa.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups red wine vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 pound dried apricots, soaked for 1/2 hour in warm water and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper puree
- In a hot saucepan combine oil, onion, garlic, vinegar and sugar. Stir gently until sugar is dissolved and the vinegar is reduced by half. Add chopped apricots and cook sauce for an additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and add chipotles. Puree until smooth. Use to baste rotisserie leg of lamb.
recipe from: dwgco, 6/25/06