- Trim the tough ends from the asparagus. Rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and garlic in a large glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss again. Bake until the asparagus spears are tender and lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Thicker stalks may take longer, and thinner stalks may take less time.
- Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the lemon juice. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
recipe from: dwgc, 6/18/06