makes 6 servings
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 T cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme or basil, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken pieces, skin side down, on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 20 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for lime glaze, in a bowl stir together lime peel, lime juice, oil garlic, black pepper, thyme or basil, and salt.
- Brush chicken with lime glaze. Turn chicken; brush with more glaze. Broil for 5 to 15 minutes more or till tender and no longer pink, brushing often with glaze during the last 5 minutes of cooking.