Summertime Corn and Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter and garlic.
- Brush corn with garlic butter then place directly on grill rack over the heat. Grill corn for about 10-15 minutes, or until some of the kernels are lightly browned, turning corn during cooking time to keep corn from getting too charred. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from corn.
- In a medium size bowl, combine corn, onion, tomatoes, vinegar, and basil.
- Season corn salad with salt and black pepper, if desired.