Curried Cauliflower Soup
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 large head), chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 7 cups chicken broth
- Plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh mint
- Heat a heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and let it heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and curry powder and stir for 1 minute. Add cauliflower and potatoes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender, working in batches if needed. Return soup to pot and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls; top with yogurt and fresh mint.
recipe from: dwgc, 7/30/06