- Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss the pecans and raisins with 1/2 cup flour and set aside. Sift the remaining flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until llght and fluffy. Mash the bananas and beat into the butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture and bourbon alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Fold in the pecan mixture. Pour the batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool and remove from the pan.Make the bourbon sauce (makes 2-1/2 cups, recipe below)
- Cut the cake into slices and serve each slice with sauce spooned over it.
For the sauce
- 1 1/2 C light cream
- 1 T brown sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 T pure maple sugar
- 6 T bourbon
- Heat the cream and sugar in a small saucepan, just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Slowly beat in a third of the cream mixture; then whisk the egg yolks back into the cream mixture. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, just until thickened. Be careful not to let boil.
- Remove to a clean bowl. Stir in the syrup and bourbon. Cool completely.