Banana Apple Crisp
Makes 10 servings
- 1/2 C wheat germ, any flavor
- 1/2 C firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 T stick butter or margarine, melted
- 3 firm-ripe bananas, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 T lemon juice
- Four 8-oz. cans pie-spiced apple pieces, well drained
- 1/2 C cinnamon-flavored or other raisins w
- Preheat oven to 400/e F. Lightly spray 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make topping: In medium bowl, combine wheat germ, brown sugar, pecans, flour and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in butter; mix well. Set aside. For filling, toss bananas with lemon juice in baking dish; stir in apples and raisins. Spoon wheat-germ mixture evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbly. Cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature, with ice cream and caramel topping, if desired.